Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Great Books 10 Year Reading Plan 1990 edition

A while back I published a linked to the 1952 10 year reading plan that came with the Great Books of the Western World. Today I received an e-mail requesting a link to the 1990 version. It took a little effort but I found it here. The two versions have a lot of commonality, but there are some significant differences. Lots more recent fiction in the second version and (without going through and actually counting selections) the first edition seems heavier on the math and sciences.

I should also thank the commenter because he made me realize how badly I have neglected this project. Time to get off my butt and get started again.

2 comments:

JimII said...

I have taken the Ten Year Reading List from the 1990 edition and added page numbers and pages per month for every year here: http://propheticprogress.blogspot.com/p/ten-year-reading-list-for-great-books.html

You have to click on the image to get one large enough to read.

Hope this helps.

stacy said...

This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me outta my problem..
Buy Dissertation Online